Institute of Italian Studies- Lakehead University
The Institute for Italian Studies directs its grants to a limited number of initiatives that promote the appreciation, research, and study of the Italian language, Italian-Canadian culture and history with a special, but not exclusive reference to Northwestern Ontario.
The Institute will accept applications for seed funding from: individuals and organizations.
Applications that are in line with the Institute’s mission and program priorities will be accepted. Initiatives that meet the following criteria will be considered for funding:
- Promoting the advancement of Italian Studies at Lakehead University
- Promoting an appreciation and understanding of Italian culture and history in Northwestern Ontario; and
- Collaborations with Italian institutions and organizations in and outside of Northwestern Ontario
To request grant support from the Institute, the applicant is required to complete the following:
- Letter of application on official letterhead containing the name, address, telephone number and contact person;
- A brief description of the individual/organization's history, objectives and activities;
- A brief description of the project or event for which funding is requested and how the initiative meets the Institute’s funding criteria listed above.
There are no deadlines for grant requests to the Institute. The Institute’s Board of Directors meets monthly between September and June to review applications in line with its budget objectives for the year. The final decision on all applications is made by the Board of Directors.
Correspondence should be addressed to :
Institute of Italian Studies
1121 Barton St
Thunder Bay, ON